Friday, August 28, 2026

A00248D -Dolly Parton, American Icon, Country Music Superstar and Philanthropic Angel

 88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Dolly Parton
Parton in 1977
Born
Dolly Rebecca Parton

January 19, 1946
DiedAugust 25, 2026 (aged 80)
Occupations
Years active1956–2026
Spouse
Carl Dean
(m. 1966; died 2025)
Relatives
AwardsFull list
Musical career
Genres
Instruments
  • Vocals
  • guitar
Works
Labels
Websitedollyparton.com
Signature

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

 By now, virtually everyone has heard about the passing of Dolly Parton




While there has been universal praise for Dolly, what I have found particularly interesting is the response within the African American community.  





In my Memorial Service activities for the Black Alumni of Amherst College, I read a list that includes the names of the White Friends of the Black Alumni.  In my blogging activities, I do not have such a list.  However, I do have a separate blog where I list the people I call the Righteous.  For what it is worth in this World, Dolly Parton will be added to my List of the Righteous. And in remembering her, I encourage everyone to listen to one of her greatest musical collaborations.  


I am sure that the Doors of Heaven have opened wide open for this Angel.

Peace,

Everett "Skip" Jenkins
Class of 1975
August 27, 2026

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Dolly Parton’s words inspire resilience, humor, and self-expression, reflecting her life, music, and philosophy.

Dolly Parton, the Queen of Country, left behind a legacy not only through her music but also through her memorable quotes that capture her wit, wisdom, and warmth. Here are some of her most notable sayings:

Inspirational Quotes

  • “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business
  • “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” – Dolly: Behind the Seams: My Life in Rhinestones
  • “Storms make trees take deeper roots.” – Instagram
  • “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – The Rock and Roll Photo Sales
  • “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.” – Country Living
  • “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Pocket Dolly Wisdom: Witty Quotes and Wise Words from Dolly Parton
  • “Dream more, learn more, care more, and be more.” – Vanity Fair, 2012

Funny and Witty Quotes

  • “I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb…and I also know that I’m not blonde.” – Country Living
  • “It costs a lot of money to look this cheap!” – Vogue, 2016
  • “A peacock that rests on his feathers is just another turkey.” – X, 2010
  • “Smile – it increases your face value.” – Steel Magnolias
  • “Anyone who says you can’t take it with you has never seen me pack.” – Country Living

Quotes on Life, Love, and Legacy

  • “If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.” – Country Living
  • “Being a star just means that you just find your own special place, and that you shine where you are.” – Country Living
  • “I never had a doubt I would make it, because refusing to think I couldn’t make it is the reason I could.” – Playboy Magazine, 1978
  • “My songs are like my children—I expect them to support me when I’m old.” – BV Magazine
  • “Although we had no money, I was rich as I could be.” – Coat of Many Colors
  • “The magic is inside you, there ain’t no crystal ball.” – Country Living

Song Lyrics as Quotes

  • “Wildflowers don’t care where they grow.” – Wildflowers
  • “It’s hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.” – Tennessee Homesick Blues
  • “Workin’ 9 to 5, what a way to make a livin’ / Barely gettin’ by, it’s all takin’ and no givin’ / They just use your mind and they never give you credit / It’s enough to drive you crazy if you let it.” – 9 to 5
  • “Love makes your heart feel strange inside, it flutters like soft wings in flight / Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing.” – Love Is Like A Butterfly
    Dolly Parton’s quotes reflect her resilience, humor, and generosity, offering guidance on self-acceptance, perseverance, and joy in everyday life. Her words continue to inspire fans worldwide, reminding us to embrace our uniqueness, face challenges with courage, and spread kindness wherever we go.
    These quotes are drawn from her interviews, books, song lyrics, and public statements, capturing the essence of her personality and philosophy on life, love, and success positivityblog.com+5.
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

No comments:

Post a Comment